Friday, July 18, 2014

size determined by running out of fabric


I like how this turned out and wanted to make it bigger, maybe even twice as big, but I ran out of the blue/green solid. And, contrary to my previous post, it is not Kona Celadon.
Maybe Moda Bella Caribbean?
Well, I'm out and decided to finish it up at this size.
I think I need to buy a bolt of a solid fabric I love and make a bigger one.


The 2 inch scrap box looks like it can yield at least 10 more quilts.


 My favorite piece--the 1 is One duckling swimming in a dish from the Tasha Tudor book.



10 comments:

antique quilter said...

it looks great! you could always find another solid to go with this one and keep adding to it, make this like a medallion center!
isn't it fun to make quilts like this, love the duck :)I just love revisiting all these fabrics.
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Chantal said...

It is so lovely. If you want it bigger just keep on with a solid a shade darker and "frame" what you already have. I've seen this somewhere with a house quilt. Between the house blocks were offwhite negative space and all around was beige negative space. It looked like it had a border without having one. It was so different and lovely. Just saying. Great job.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, it's wonderful. Thinking about starting one . . . .

Jan said...

Love it! Squares are a bit addicting, I think. Oh, heck, it all is! The squares do multiply though, don't they?!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Lynn!! I agree, if you want it bigger, just do the rest in another shade. There are no rules!!

Sharon

Terri said...

Lynn, your work is beautiful! I just might have to try this one!
Terri in Texas

Vicki W said...

It's such a pretty quilt!

Darlene Barnes Rosner said...

i adore this quilt

Kelly said...

Beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I was stuck in just using white but I love this different color for the alternating blocks.